Hairstyles and haircuts for ladies after 60 years
Restraint, sense of style, excellent taste – these are the hallmarks of older ladies. It is impossible to realize this image without a well-chosen haircut. Therefore, choosing a haircut for a woman of 60 is not an easy task.
In old age, some ladies notice with chagrin that their once luxurious hair has remained in the distant past. You need to try to make a fashionable, beautiful hairstyle on thin, not too thick strands.
For different lengths
- simplify hair care;
- imply regular cutting off split ends, which allows you to always look stylish and well-groomed;
- allow you to implement a lot of styling options, and in many cases do without it at all – and at the same time look stylish, elegant;
- have an obvious anti-aging effect.
The main thing is to choose the right hairstyle for 60 years. Such nuances as the type, color of the hair, the shape and features of the face, the height, the complexion of the lady will help in this.
Hairstyles for short hair for women 50-60 years old are light, proportional, as natural as possible. Their main features are form, functionality, restrained elegance:
- for ladies over 60 years old with a slender figure and youthful features, a pixie or a very short modern haircut with graduation is suitable. This can be seen with the naked eye in the photo. In particular, it is a good choice for liquid hair;
- a classic square with straight bangs looks strict, respectable, in harmony with the venerable age. The hairstyle is available for romantic, even reckless styling options if suddenly you decide to remember your youth and forget about the respectable behavior of ladies of post-Balzac age;
- some after 60 begin a completely new life, free from conventions. If you are interested in a photo of extraordinary and modern haircuts, pay attention to the short length and styling “mohawk”.
The medium-length looks good on older women. It leaves room for maneuver: strands are straightened or curled, gathered in a bun or braided, laid in an elegant wave, or left in a natural disorder. See photos of ideal hairstyles for beautiful ladies with medium hair.
According to stylists, a very elegant solution is an ordinary bob of medium length with oblique bangs. A gray-haired bob looks no less stylish – it has a pleasant feature to change depending on the styling option.
Take a closer look at the accent cascade at the top of your head. It will add volume to your hair. Professionals recommend combining the cascade with classic highlighting.
An excellent solution after 60, as you can see in the photo, a short graduated bob. The haircut is delightfully combined with evening styling.
Older ladies are not required to follow generally accepted rules and cut long strands. But be prepared, long hair requires careful care, it is better not to grow it below the shoulders. You can choose a lot of hairstyles for women 60 years old:
Do a new hairstyle every day and enjoy how stylish, young, fresh you look.
How to rejuvenate?
And here are some tips to help you lose a couple of decades.
- Trust the classics. The traditional square gives room for improvisation. If desired, style it with a hairdryer and a brush, or make beautiful waves by winding the strands with curlers.
- Opt for voluminous haircuts with bangs. They will immediately take 10 years or even more.
- For medium length hair, try asymmetry. For example, curl the ends outward and the bangs inward. The usual hairstyle will become new and extraordinary.
Most importantly, do not overdo it. Leave the pursuit of bright creative images to 20 years old. You will enjoy elegance and well-groomed while staying young at heart.
Choosing your option
Choosing a haircut for an older woman is not easy. A correctly selected option will refresh the facial features, give the appearance of lightness and freshness. Approach the change of image with restraint, thoroughly.
First of all, decide on the type of person:
- Most fortunate were the ladies with oval faces. Any hairstyle suits them. Feel free to change your image without fear of experimentation;
- asymmetrical haircuts look good on chubby ladies, as well as a traditional square with oblique or straight bangs, or without it at all;
- women with a square face need to visually soften the features. Asymmetry copes with this task best.
Refuse from smooth styling, excessive bouffant, slicked buns. They emphasize age.
If we look at the photo of haircuts for ladies over 60 with a round face, it is clear that the square is more popular among this category. If you have the skills of hairdressing, you can do it yourself:
- Wash and comb your head.
- Use hairpins to divide the head area into 7 parts. Separate the right and left zones of the temples, the front between the temples (bangs), also divide the crown into the right and left parts, in the same way – the back of the head.
- Starting from the front zone, select a strand of 2-3 cm, cut to the desired length, keeping the scissors parallel to the floor.
- After finishing the front part, go to the back of the head. Cut to the desired length and proceed to the side zones. Use the very last to trim the strands at the crown.
- Go back to the bangs and, having decided on its length, cut it.
Remember to keep the scissors horizontal when cutting. Do not pull the strands too much, keep the same length in all areas of the head.
For ladies who prefer short haircuts without styling, you can choose a bob. The photo shows that there are many haircut options.
For an oval face, a multi-layered hairstyle is suitable, an asymmetric version is performed on curly curls, and a cap in the form of a fungus will decorate straight strands. Instructions for making a layered bob for an oval face:
- Dampen the strands to keep them damp.
- Divide them with a vertical parting at the crown and extend the parting below to the level of the neck.
- To keep the side strands out of the way, secure them with clips.
- Select the lower strands in the back of the head with two diagonal partings and, having measured the required length, cut with a straight cut.
- Start cutting from the middle, gradually moving towards the sides.
- Separate the following strands with parallel diagonal parting and cut them.
- Gradually work your way up until you finish with the back of the head.
- Part the hair at the back of the head with vertical parting, pull it perpendicular to the head, and cut the ends, keeping the scissors diagonally.
- Proceed to the temples: make an arched parting, take a temporal lock, cut the required length, slightly turning the strand out.
- Use the same technique to trim the hair at the temples on one side and the other.
- Cut the bangs along an oblique or straight line.
Overweight women need to be careful when choosing a haircut. Avoid hair that is too long in a ponytail, strands hanging down the sides of the face, and excessive volume.