Non-binary haircuts are intended for modern women whose idea of femininity is not limited to the stereotype of long hair’s attractiveness and sexuality. Long gone are the days when only a woman with long curly hair was considered beautiful and stylish. Nowadays, nonbinary haircuts can highlight both the masculinity of a gentleman and the femininity of a lady.
There is a stereotype that androgynous haircuts are a copy of the typical male hairstyle. Many will be surprised, but the options for creating haircuts in the style of “androgyny” have about two hundred variations. How do you know if it’s right for you?
Androgynous haircuts: is it worth it?
Like everyone else, a non-binary haircut isn’t for every woman. Here you need to take into account both the proportions of the face and the character of the fair sex. For example, highly romantic young ladies will most likely feel uncomfortable with such a hairstyle.
Additionally, androgynous haircuts are a long-term option because if you get sick of them, your hair won’t grow in 3 months. Hence, choosing an androgynous style should be treated more than cautiously.
So who shouldn’t get a haircut like this?
- Women are complex in terms of the length of the neck and the shape of the ears. You can be sure that an androgynous hairstyle will show off all of the flaws that you have hidden under your long hair. Don’t you want to emphasize them? A non-binary haircut is not your option.
- Girl with a thick physique. Unfortunately, the girl-boy haircut is only suitable for women of slim or medium stature. If you have extra pounds, be prepared to look masculine. The peculiarity of the non-binary hairstyle is that it betrays femininity to slim girls and takes away women with shapes. By the way, this variant looks most impressive on thin women with a “rectangular” body type.
- Girls work in organizations with strict dress codes. If you are an accountant or banker by profession, for example, then this option is unfortunately not for you. First of all, it fits (and draws!) For girls in creative professions. For example designers or PR people.
Girls over thirty. Uh, young green. However, non-binary hairstyles are usually only suitable for girls up to a certain age limit as they are daring, bold, and risky. It is characteristic of the early period of the female heyday.
If you are a slender girl with a beautiful neck, binary hairstyles are not your option. Their main advantage is that the instructions for use are not limited to the volume of hair. Whether your hair is thin or lush, this hairstyle will look great either way.
- Non-binary short haircuts are exceptionally versatile. It will be a challenge to do such a hairstyle for yourself at home. It is better to trust the master in the salon, and not experiment yourself. Despite this, you can independently and quickly do the styling at home with your own hands.
Style androgynous haircuts with your own hands
The correction scheme is presented in stages as follows. To do this, you will need a fine-toothed comb and hair paste. Let’s look at the stages of styling step by step:
- Lightly comb wet hair with a frequent-toothed comb.
- Rub the paste between your palms.
- Next, curl the hair a little with your fingers and then dry the strands with a hairdryer in “cold temperature” mode. This option does not dry out the hair and gives it shine.
- Voila, your perfect hairstyle is ready! Wear it with pleasure.