Each owner of long hair is simply obliged to be able to style them beautifully, as well as make simple hairstyles. After all, mothers teach long-haired girls from early childhood to make braids in such a way that their hair not only looks more well-groomed but also does not interfere during the day. In this article, we will take a closer look at the original hairstyles with elastic bands for long curls, which can be easily done on your own without resorting to the help of specialists.
Pros and cons
Hairstyles with elastic bands have a lot of advantages. Let’s consider them in more detail.
- With the help of hairstyles with small rubber bands, you can cope with absolutely any length of hair. This will require a minimum set of tools and accessories, namely a comb, rubber bands, and varnish.
- As a rule, hairstyles with silicone rubber bands do not take much time and you can easily do them yourself near the mirror. It will take 10-15 minutes, without any hairdressing skills.
- Any hairstyle with rubber bands looks fashionable, modern, and most importantly – it can be suitable for any occasion. Moreover, the styling of this type is done not only every day but also for special occasions. And not only do small and young ladies choose options with elastic bands, but also quite adult girls.
- The main criterion for such hairstyles is their versatility. These styles are equally well suited to straight and wavy hair, as they do not tangle them even more. Moreover, the color of the hair does not matter, since the elastic bands for them can be of any color and format. And also it is impossible to note the practicality of such styling.
As for the cons, there are practically none.
However, it is worth noting that such styling options are rarely chosen by the fair sex over 40 years old, for them this option is considered too childish. Yes, and it is believed that such hairstyles do not suit them.
Among the wide variety of options for hairstyles with elastic bands, consider the most interesting and easy ones that can be easily implemented on long hair at home.
On every day
For this hairstyle, you will need 8 silicone rubber bands, a massage comb, and mousse. We follow the step-by-step instructions.
- First, the hair should be thoroughly combed with a massage comb and apply a little mousse on them. Then separate them in half with a parting comb.
- And then you need to divide each of the 2 parts into two more. You should end up with 4 strands of hair.
- Then you should take one strand of hair, divide it into 2 identical parts and tie them with rubber bands to make 2 small tails. The described step should be done with the rest of the hair. In the end, you should get eight tied tails.
- Next, you should take one tail from the temporal part and add one strand from the first tail to it and then re-thread everything into the elastic. Do the same with the rest of the tails one by one, going down.
- As a result of the hairstyle, you should get one original tail with silicone rubber bands. To get more voluminous hair, you can slightly pull out the curls, as when weaving a braid. Thus, the hairstyle will turn out to be more spectacular and solemn.
- Combed hair should be collected in a smooth tail, but not very high. If necessary, you can apply a little mousse to them.
- Then you need to take a separate strand of hair and tie it around in a circle of elastic as if wrapping it around. You can fix the tip with an invisible or hairpin.
- Next, you need to step back a little from the tied hair and place a silicone rubber band on the tail, it is better to match it to the color of the hair.
- Then you need to make an inverted tail, that is, the tail is the other way around. You should get a small but fluffy loop of hair. Then this step can be done several more times, depending on how much the length allows.
- All curls should be combed back, completely combing them along the length. To make them obedient, you can apply a small amount of hair mousse or use a special styling spray.
- The upper part of the hair should be collected at the crown and secured with an elastic band. A little lower, you need to select 2 strands of hair, medium in thickness. They need to be tied together and also fixed with an elastic band.
- Even lower, you should also take 2 strands of hair and also tie them up. You should get a ladder with 3 transitions. To prevent the rubber bands from looking too simple, you can use other, more interesting hair accessories, such as hairpins with flowers, on top of them.
This hairstyle looks especially advantageous on highlighted curls and ombre hair. This is due to the beautiful transitions between several shades.
This hairstyle with plaits can be suitable for any evening walk, date, or for every day. Consider the creation process step by step.
- First, you need to separate the hair near the ears, just take two thin strands.
- These strands must be twisted into light bundles and tied together with an elastic band.
- A little lower, you need to separate two more thin strands of hair, also twist the bundles from them, and tie them in the middle.
- This technique should be repeated 4-6 more times, depending on the length of the hair.
- For even greater effect, the ends of the hair can be slightly twisted with an iron or curling iron. This hairstyle with braids looks especially advantageous with slightly wavy hair with a wet effect.
To attach the harnesses, it is best to use small silicone rubber bands to match the color of the hair.
Original bun for the evening
- To create this very simple hairstyle, you need to comb your hair back and collect it in a ponytail, you can at the back of your head or the top, depending on personal preferences. You can fix it with an ordinary hair band, but not too thick. If the hair is naughty, you can use a little mousse.
- Next, you need to divide the hair into 2 equal parts and twist each of the parts into a not very tight bundle. In this case, the harnesses must rotate in the same direction.
- Then you should twist the bundles with each other in the opposite direction. Holding the tip of the curls, you should slightly stretch the hair from each bundle to add volume to them. That is, how to open them a little. The end must be secured with a thin silicone rubber band.
- Then, at the base of the tail, you need to collect a bundle and fix it with hairpins or stealth.
When performing hairstyles with plaits or braids that are attached with transparent elastic bands, it is not necessary to perform a hairstyle on freshly washed hair, since they crumble very much and most likely nothing will work the first time. That is why it is best to braid hair that was washed yesterday.
By themselves, hairstyles with thin elastic bands look elegant and airy, and therefore it is not necessary to overload them with additional accessories.
In general, doing hairstyles with elastic bands is very exciting, the main thing is not to rush and do the styling next to the mirror.
Stylist’s tips for creating hairstyles with elastic bands for long hair are waiting for you in the video below.